THE FANTASTIC 4
Air, Earth, Fire and Water
THE MAGIC OF THE 4 ELEMENTS
Target group: 3rd year preschool/elementary school
Air, earth, fire and water; the magic of the four elements.
Nature offers priceless and spectacular sights, that are too often perceived as distant from the phenomena that surround one’s daily world. The “Fantastic 4” didactic laboratory is an ambitious project, trying to bring students closer to the chemical and physical phenomena underlying the underground environment.
- Stimulating interest and understanding of the properties and interactions of the elements air, earth, water and fire
- Developing curiosity in the reproduction of some important phenomena with simple household tools
- Karst phenomena with hints of ecology
- Geology, basics of chemistry and physics
- The 4 elements and their interactions and combinations
Methods and activities
- Actively involving the young participants in the natural phenomena that led to the formation of the caves, through their reproduction in the “laboratory”, with simple kitchen tools